Avoid traffic, improve your health, reduce your emissions, and enjoy yourself.
Did you know?
- 25% of all car trips are made within a mile of the home.
- 40% of all trips are within two miles of the home.
- 60% of the pollution created by automobile emissions happens in the first few minutes of operation.
- The U.S could save 462 million gallons of gasoline a year by increasing cycling from 1% to 1.5 % of all trips.
- Cars stalled in traffic waste 5 billion gallons of fuel a year.
- Just three hours of bicycling per week can reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke by 50%.
- A 140 pound cyclist burns 508 calories while pedaling 14 miles an hour.
Get your exercise, enjoy the outdoors, and run your errands in town all at the same time.
Panniers are bags that clip on and off your rack on the back of your bicycle. With panniers on your bike, you can make planned or unplanned stops at the grocery store, at farm stands or farmers markets. You can pack extra layers and bring tools to change a flat. Unlike carrying a backpack, you will not even notice you are carrying those panniers on your bike, and they will not affect your performance.
With panniers, you are more likely to make those short trips on a bicycle rather than in your car.
Panniers come in many different styles and sizes. Choose the style that is right for you.
Vermont Bicycle Repair will install a rack on your bike, and order your panniers.
Help Richmond to solve its traffic problems by traveling to town on a bike!